Welcome To Shivyoga

Shiva welcomes you

Sunday, September 14, 2008

[shivayoga] The MEAW of a Cat is raag 15 ( Can be a boring post.. caution)

raag 15 can be difficult for the Western Musicians.. to Harmonise..
and it is true. She is the mother of South indian and Arabic ragas..
and the famous Spannish Gypsy dance.

When I hear a Cat,, rather a Kitten Meaws, then I hear Raag 15. A
difficult raag to harmonise as there are lots of Augmented thirds,
diminhed fifths etc.

If you take a C scale
then the notes are the same ascending and descending which is
c sharp. E F G A flat ( or Gshar) B and C.
You have augmented thirds from 2 to 3rd notes
augmented between 6th and 7th.
You can harmonise with C major, C sharp Major ( I think it is napolean
sixth chord.. I forgot the name)

then you have flatted sixth with dimnished fifth ,, a bit complicated..

If you sing the notes,, as it is in the Piano.. then you are singing in
the intervals of semi tones. in fact western Kusic is mainoly semi
tones but in Indian Music there are several intervels less than Semi
tones.. and the notes fluctuate and are very suble intervals.. and so
they are not heard as discordant.. to the ears. But if the western ears
are not used to it,, then They wont like it.

It is difficult to harmonise the MEAW of a Cat..

The Meaw is a Harmony in itself
teh Meaw a symphony in itself.. even if it is a single note..
it exixts Pure.. as the Shabd.. of Sants..

The melody of raag 15 in its purest form.. I would say..( this is
strictly my personal opinion..so please you are free not to follow this
advise)..

A melody.. when it is complete in itself.. is a symphony in itself..

The Meaw of a Kitten .. when I hear.. is Exixtese in itself..
it is Existentialism..

There are several Jany aragas.. meaning Daughter ragas born from this
parent raga which are wonderful and are not discordant..

The janya ragas are similar to the pentatonic minor progresson of
Blues.. and some jazz pieces..

This raag 15 sounds better when it is sung in the morning time..
there is one Jazz blues.. pentatonic variant of this raag

known as raag SAveri which is sung in the evening..

in the early morning hours..when the dawn is about to break..
I prefer the best raag.. to hear is the chirping of birds.. there can
be no raag wonderful than this..
one bird calling the other and sending messages.. and two ohter birds
singing to each other at the same time..

these variety of birds may sing in different scales and if you hear
with your music ears.. it will be discordant..

but there is some special.. Chords special harmony of
Shakthi the nature who harmonises a LOVE .. a raag tha cannot be
harmonised..

similary the meaw of a cat is a song of Shakthi.. or radha..
sending her love message to Shiva..

that purity is raag 15 and some of her janyas..

I think i am a bit boring.. and I shall stop.

I am too tired.. and shall take rest..
thanks for the patience of all the members who have read this and other
messages..Let me rest My Listening to the divine melody of my cockatiels
and the Meaw of my Cat.

No comments: